Iowa Corrections COVID-19 Information
Information related to the Department's response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) will be posted here as it becomes available.
First: If you are sick and believe you may have COVID-19, please do not come to a correctional facility, and contact your healthcare provider immediately. Staff should contact their supervisor immediately.
(The DOC Public hotline is for information related to the DOC COVID-19 response. Operators are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours. The COVID-19 Hotline is not operational on State holidays.)
- For information on PPE and Hand Sanitizer produced by Iowa Prison Industries, click here.
- For links to reliable information related to COVID19, click here.
- For all information related to steps the DOC has taken to mitigate the impact of COVID-19, please click here.
- For those with a loved-one incarcerated, please click here.
|Prison||Inmates Tested||Inmates Positive||Inmates No Longer Positive||Staff Positive*||Staff No Longer Positive||COVID Related Inmate Deaths|
(Last update: 4/9/21 at 3:00 p.m.)
*Some staff data is reliant on self-reporting.
**Number of staff that have passed away with COVID-19: 2
- November 16: Staff member from Iowa Correctional Institution for Women
- November 28: Staff member from Clarinda Correctional Facility
Inmates tested: Means tests administered to inmates; may include individual inmates that were tested multiple times.
Inmates positive: Means inmates that are currently considered "positive," whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, but have not qualified as "recovered."
Inmates no longer positive: Means inmates that have had COVID-19, but have qualified as recovered from their illness and are believed to no longer be contagious.
**Due to HIPAA regulations, the department is limited in what information it can provide in connection to employee health information
If you are a member of our staff with questions, please click here.