How can I request that an offender be moved to a specific facility?


Due to the complex nature of facility assignments and the large number of factors that must be considered in making facility assignments, the IDOC is unfortunately unable to accommodate requests for assignments to a specific facility or geographic region within the state.  At this time, the IDOC also does not allow for hardship transfers due to a loved one's medical condition.  If an offender or family member has a desire to have an offender moved to a specific facility, they are encouraged to discuss that interest with the offender's case manager.

Printed from the Iowa Department of Corrections website on October 18, 2021 at 4:22pm.