How do I make an Open Records (also known as FOIA) Request


Open Records Requests* (as defined in Iowa Code Chapter 22, AKA FOIA requests) can be be submitted by emailing ; or for more information on contacting the department, click here

*As allowed by Chapter 22, fees may be assessed to the requester if the time to honor the request exceeds one hour of staff-time. 


The department requests that submissions be sent to the above email address in order to ensure a receipt of sending the request for the sender, and the proper receipt, handling, billing, and response to the request by the department. 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Corrections website on January 24, 2022 at 10:12am.