How do I make an Open Records (also known as FOIA) Request to the Iowa Department of Corrections?


Please note: FOIA requests submitted to the DOC should pertain to prisons, parole, probation, and work release.

Open Records Requests* (as defined in Iowa Code Chapter 22, AKA FOIA requests) can be be submitted by emailing

*As allowed by Chapter 22, fees may be assessed to the requester if the time to honor the request exceeds 30 minutes of staff-time. 


The department requests that submissions be sent to the above email address in order to ensure a receipt of sending the request for the sender, and the proper receipt, handling, billing, and response to the request by the department. 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Corrections website on March 27, 2023 at 6:34am.