How can I write to an offender


To curb the introduction of mail contraband, Iowa Department of Corrections is implementing a new incarcerated individual mail delivery process. Beginning July 21, 2022, incoming non-legal mail must be sent to a central mail processing facility at the following address:

Incarcerated Individual Name - Offender ID Number
Facility Name - Facility ID Number (See below)
PO Box 96777
Las Vegas, NV  89193

Please Note:  Any non-legal mail sent directly to an IDOC facility following the July 21st effective date will be forwarded for processing.  This service will be offered for a period of 30 days.  

This mail processing facility will be operated by Pigeonly Corrections. They will open all non-legal mail and scan it into a digital color copy. The digital copy will be printed and delivered to the appropriate Iowa DOC facility. Originals will not be returned to the sender, but will be temporarily stored then securely destroyed, per Iowa DOC’s policies.

Each IDOC facility has been assigned an individual mailing code.  When writing an incarcerated individual, be sure to reference the mailing code listed below to ensure your non-legal mail is received by the correct facility.  

Anamosa State Penitentiary (ASP) - 1106
Clarinda Correctional Facility (CCF) - 1107
Fort Dodge Correctional Facility (FDCF) - 1114
Iowa Correctional Institution for Women (ICIW) - 1109
Iowa Medical and Classification Center (IMCC) - 1108
Iowa State Penitentiary (ISP) - 1110 
Mount Pleasant Correctional Facility (MPCF) - 1113
Newton Correctional Facility (NCF) - 1111
North Central Correctional Facility (NCCF) - 1112

Additional information regarding mail and what may be sent through the mail may be found under the "IDOC Policies related to offender mail" section on the Policies webpage at Mail, Telephone, and Visiting.

Pigeonly will process the following non-legal mail at their offsite facility: 

  • Letters (including children's drawings)
  • Greeting cards
  • Postcards
  • 4X6 Photos (limit to 10 photos)
  • Unbound newsletters

For more information about Pigeonly and the services they offer, please click this link:  Pigeonly Corrections Information

Email is the second way to write an offender.  Please go to to sign up, and more information on offender o-mail can be found at Corrlinks - Offender E-mail.

Printed from the Iowa Department of Corrections website on January 28, 2023 at 11:59pm.