There are several ways to send funds to an offender in the Iowa Department of Corrections.  See below for more information.  

Offender Banking Policy

The Iowa Department of Corrections has centralized offender banking operations. All incoming money for offender spending/commissary accounts will be received and handled by a central location, the Fort Dodge Correctional Facility (FDCF). At that time, incoming monies for offenders will not be accepted at or by any other location. The Iowa State Penitentiary will handle all restitution, court filing fees and child support.

Send a Money Order for Commissary

All incoming money must be sent to the following address:

IDOC Offender Fiduciary Account

1550 L Street, Suite B

Fort Dodge, IA 50501

All deposits must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. All cashier’s checks and money orders must be made payable to: IDOC offender Fiduciary Account. The cashier’s check or money order must include the following: offender name, offender number, sender’s name and sender’s complete address. All writing should be legible. If the deposit does not follow these guidelines it will be returned to the sender by mail. Money orders and cashier’s checks will no longer be accepted by drop off at any institution. The only option is to mail to the address listed above. Offenders ill receive receipts of deposits consistent with current individual institution guidelines. Any questions from offenders regarding incoming money can be directed to the Business Office where the offender is located.

This change in process will mean that the offender’s money will immediately be there when the offender transfers from one institution to another. The offender will no longer need to wait for a check to be sent to the facility that he/she left.

Electronic Funds Transfer

Funds may be sent to commissary accounts electronically using Access Corrections, JPay or Western Union.   


Access Corrections deposit services provides friends and family an easy, reliable and inexpensive way to send money to an incarcerated loved one in the Iowa Department of Corrections system.

Choose any of the following ways to save money when making a deposit to your loved one:

  • Online: visit for deposit rates starting at $3.49. Access Corrections accepts Visa and Master Card-branded credit or debit cards.

  • Online: Make deposits directly from your CorrLinks account, the website used to send O-Mail messages ( and get the same low rates starting at $3.49. Just click on the “Send Money” button to get started.

  • Toll Free Telephone Number: Call 1(866)345-1884 to make a credit or debit card payment over the phone for as low as $4.49.

  • Walk-In: Don’t have a credit card or debit card? No problem! You can deposit at any:

    • ​CashPayToday for a flat fee of $6.95.
      • Visit or call 1(844)340-CASH (2274) to register and find a location near you.  You will need to provide the following information: Inmate ID #, your name, address and other important information.
      • Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Kum & Go stores are part of the CashPayToday program.
    • ACE Cash Express* ( location for a flat fee of $5.95 
    • There is a $900.00 maximum limit per cash transaction. 

Online and phone deposit services are available 24 hours a day, every day! Go to or call 1(866)345-1884 to set up a free, private account and deposit funds securely today. Funds are typically transferred in real-time and are available to your inmate within 24 hours. A digital receipt will be sent to the email address provided during the deposit transaction.


JPay services are available for anyone wishing to send money to an offender in the Iowa Department of Corrections system.

JPay allows the friends and family members of offenders to send money to their loved ones in a variety of convenient ways. Deposits can be made online, through; via JPay’s live- location, including all Walmarts.

  • Online: The website will accept payments made with a Visa or MasterCard-branded debit or credit card. Fees range from $3.95 to $10.95 based upon the deposit amount.

  • Toll Free Telephone Number: Credit or debit card payments can also be made over the phone at (1-800-574-5729). Fees range from $4.95 to $11.95 based upon the deposit amount.

  • Walk – In Location: Cash payments can be made at any MoneyGram Agent location. There are 30,000 MoneyGram location in the United State, including Wal-Mart, CVS, 7-11, and Albertsons. A fee of $8.95 will apply for each transaction. Up to $5,000.00 can be sent per transaction.

All money sent before 11:45 AM is generally available to the offender the next day.

Internet depositors can visit the secure JPay website 24 hours a day to set up a private account, with a private user ID and a personal password. The system will help manage deposits to specific inmates, allow receipt printing, and provide a history of deposit amounts by inmate and date.

Telephone payments may be made any time, any day by calling a toll free number (1-800-574-5729). Customers Service Representatives will accept deposits quickly and easily from Visa or MasterCard- branded debit or credits, and will provide specific confirmation numbers for deposit tracking.

To learn more about JPay, including how to start sending money to your loved one, please visit or call 1-800-574-5729.


At a Western Union location

Locate the nearest agent by using our agent locator or calling 1-800-325-6000. You can pay with cash or debit card.

You will need the recipient’s commissary number and the name of the correctional facility to an inmate at a correctional facility.

 Commissary Number: It is the unique ID associated with the inmate you’re sending money too. Depending on the facility, it can either be the commissary number or the inmate number assigned after the inmate has arrived at the facility.

 Download the Send2Corrections mobile app:

Search “Send2Corrections” in the Apple App Store (Apple iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android devices). Use existing Western Union account login or create a login. A credit/debit card will be required. You can also set up a transaction online/or in app and pay later in store where a tracking number (MTCN) will be generated, to enable you to go and pay in cash at a Western Union agent location.


Please visit A credit/debit card will be required. You can also set up a transaction online/or in app and pay later in store where a tracking number (MTCN) will be generated, to enable you to go and pay in cash at a Western Union agent location.

 Over the phone

Call 1-800-634-3422 and choose option 2.

A credit/debit card will be required.

Restitution, Court Filing Fees, and Child Support

The Iowa State Penitentiary (ISP) is responsible for entering and maintain plan information related to restitution, court filing fees and child support. Offenders may still direct questions about these through their institutional Business Office. If you choose to direct your questions to ISP, please mail to the following address:

Iowa State Penitentiary

PO Box 316

Fort Madison, IA 52627-0316

This change in process will remove the transition in financial management of plans when an offender transfers.