Any person may report concerns on behalf of an IDOC offender to:
● The Warden / Superintendent or District Director
● Any employee
● Victim and Restorative Justice Director Iowa Department of Corrections 510 East 12th Street Des Moines, IA 50319
● The Iowa Ombudsman Office: Office of Citizens’ Aide/Ombudsman Ola Babcock Miller Building 1112 East Grand Des Moines, IA 50319, Phone 888-426-6283
● Send an email to PREA.email@example.com
Community Based Corrections PREA Reporting
There is zero tolerance for sexual assault and sexual abuse.
Immediately report any incidents of sexual abuse or sexual harassment to staff or management. You have the right to be free from sexual abuse and sexual harassment and to be free from retaliation for reporting such incidents. The department will immediately investigate all reports of sexual abuse and sexual harassment and monitor for any retaliation of reporting.
To report Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, or Sexual Misconduct you can contact any of the following people:
1. Any Department of Corrections staff member.
2. The Residential Manager for the facility in which the offender resides or the incident occurred.
3. Ross Todd, PREA Coordinator 319-292-1263
4. Iowa Department of Corrections 1-800-778-1182
Third parties, including other facility residents, staff members, family members, attorneys, and outside advocates may assist offenders in filing requests for administrative remedies relating to allegations of sexual abuse, sexual harassment or sexual misconduct, and may also file such requests on behalf of offenders.
If a third party files such a request on behalf of a resident, the facility may require as a condition of processing the request that the alleged victim agree to have the request filed on his or her behalf, and may also require the alleged victim to personally pursue any subsequent steps in the administrative remedy process.
Report any PREA incidents through our Second District Confidential Email - 2nd.Confidential@iowa.gov.
Please include information such as your name, email address, phone number, a description of the incident including date and approximate time, the victim and victim contact information, suspect and suspect contact information, and location of the incident.
Reporting may be done in person, via phone call, via writing, through a third party, or anonymously. All reports of sexual assault/harassment will be taken seriously and investigated in a confidential manner.
Maureen Hansen, District Director
515 Water Street, Sioux City, Iowa 51103, (712)224-6844
Nick O’Brien, Sioux City Residential Manager
515 Water Street, Sioux City, Iowa 51103, (712)224-6850
Manny Scarmon, Sioux City Residential Manager
515 Water Street, Sioux City, Iowa 51103, (712)224-6814
515 Water Street, Sioux City, Iowa 51103, (712)224-6832
515 Water Street, Sioux City, Iowa 51103, (712)224-6861
515 Water Street, Sioux City, Iowa 51103, (712)224-6824
720 Western Avenue, Sheldon, Iowa 51201, (712)324-5384 ext. 114
Center Against Abuse & Sexual Assault 877-362-4612
Family Crisis Center (Sioux Center) 800-382-5603
Iowa Victim Service 800-770-1650
National Sexual Assault Hotline 800-656-4673
Verbally report to any employee - 712-396-2245
Written report to any 4th Judicial District Employee
Residential Correctional Facility, 900 9th Avenue, Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501
Residential Treatment Center, 1102 9th Avenue, Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501
Contact a PREA Coordinator - 712-396-2203
Local 24-hour Rape Crisis Center & Victim Advocates - 888-612-0266
Email - PREA.Reporting@iowa.gov
Iowa Statewide Sexual Abuse Hotline
Call 1-800-770-1650 or text IOWAHELP to 20121
- Verbal report to any Fifth District Employee
- Written report to any Fifth District Employee
- Fort Des Moines Men’s Residential Facility, 68 Thayer Street, Des Moines, IA 50315
- Women's Residential Facility, 1917 Hickman Road, Des Moines, IA 50314
- 5th District PREA Coordinator - 515-954-8490
- Local 24-hour Rape Crisis Center and Victim Advocates - 888-612-0266
- Iowa Statewide Sexual Abuse Hotline - 800-284-7821
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Mary Roche, Director of Iowa DOC Victim & Restorative Justice Programs - 800-778-1182
PREA Abuse Hotline can be contacted at 319-297-3532.
You may make a verbal or a written report to any Eighth Judicial District employee, or anyone listed in the contact information below:
PREA Coordinator Vince Remmark
Ph. (641)-472-4242 Ext. 587 or Vince.firstname.lastname@example.org
Burlington Residential Facility
Residential Manager Daryl Lambert
Burlington, IA 52601
Ph. (641) 472-4242 Ext. 341 or Daryl.email@example.com
Ottumwa Residential Facility
Residential Manager Ted Robinson
245 Osage Dr.
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Ph. (641) 472-4242 Ext. 202 or Ted.Robinson@iowa,gov
Iowa Statewide Sexual Abuse Hotline 1-800-284-7821
National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
Mary Roche, Director of Iowa DOC Victim & Restorative Justice Programs